HOMEABOUT MERESUMESCRAPROOMLAYOUTSINSPIRATIONEMAIL

Thursday, August 3, 2017

We Laugh and Take Selfies {CSI Major Case File No. 235}

Our challenge at CSI: Color, Stories, Inspiration is celebrating Girlfriends Day, and here is the page I made:


The Case File has such pretty colors, and the sketch was fun to work with. Clues I used...Evidence: solid white background, polka dots, flowers, puffy stickers, bling, wet medium, people images, transparent stuff, floatie shape; Testimony: girlfriends, inspiration word: laughter, together.


Here are some details. That purple striped paper--by Susan Branch--is ancient, like maybe from 2001, but it was the perfect shade of purple. The little wood veneer girls are by Studio Calico.  Not sure who made the transparent circular thing. I cut it in half so I could use it on either side of my layout. I've had those purple glittery brads in my stash forever and thought I'd probably never use them, but bingo! I stamped the "la la la love you" with Staz-On ink onto another transparent element.


I found different patterned papers in my stash to match the other colors. The green polka dot is an old Luxe Design paper. The aqua papers are Amy Tangerine scraps I've been hoarding. I love that paper! I can't remember who made the gray paper, but it's from a Christmas collection--I think they're supposed to be snowflakes. Isn't that stencil that I used cool? It's by the Crafter's Workshop and I used texture paste mixed with white acrylic paint.


Not sure why that Evalicious puffy camera sticker is showing up yellow--it's really the lime green. The chipboard "selfies" is by 2Crafty. I coated it with embossing powder.. The silver letters are Making Memories. The lettering beneath that was made with Headline rub-ons. I've had those things for years, and they go on just like butter. You can get a TON of them in a package and they come in all size. I think these are 1/4" letters. I got them from Michael's in the art section.


For the donut shape clue, those sparkly things are by Queen & Co. Tracee and I got them when we went to the Scrapbook Expo.


I hope you'll come play along with us. We've got a bunch of awesome prizes up for grabs from our generous sponsors:



cubeupload

1 comment:

Jacynthe said...

Fun page, Debbi. I love how you used the challenge colours. The stencil work is so subtle, I didn't even notice it at first. It's such a pretty design. I've got some of those glittery brads in my stash as well. I never think of using them. It goes to show how even OLD stash can still look good when mixed with newer items. The two of you certainly look like you have a lot of fun together. ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...